IP/MPLS Solutions - Internet transit and EPL
Ethernet private lines services (EWS) and Global Internet Transit Services
Farice offers services on own IP/MPLS network in addition to layer 1 TDM circuit type services / DWDM.
Services are offered on a lease basis with a one-year minimum contract period.
ETHERNET WIRE SERVICES (LAYER 2)
- Service delivered over 10GbE and 1GbE interfaces.
Layer 2 Ethernet Wire Services (EWS) between 2 POPs in Iceland, Amsterdam and London on 1GbE and 10GbE interfaces.
- Burstable Ethernet services or Priority Ethernet services (leased line replacement).
- Protected service over the diverse routes (two submarine cables) optional
- Ethernet Wire Service functions in the same way as EPL or Ethernet Private Line (Ethernet over SDH) which is a transparent point to point service. Designed to carry all VLAN tags transparently end to end for example. Service Frame's header and payload are identical at both the source and destination UNI.
- Metro Ethernet Forum uses the name EVPL/EPL instead of EWS which stands for Ethernet Virtual Private Line or just Ethernet Private Line.
- Jumbo frames support (9000 bytes).
GLOBAL IP TRANSIT
- Service delivered on 10GbE and 1GbE interfaces.
- Service delivered in Suðurlandsbraut 28 (MULI) , Reykjavík and Verne Data Center (KEF AIRPORT) in Iceland.
- Committed capacity with 95% burstable billing or full port rate pricing.
- Multi-homed uplink transit providers.
- One-hop to content providers and networks on AMS-IX and LINX